Little Ginger Studio COVID-19 Policy
This policy has been devised to ensure activities and operations are in line with Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) and NSW Health Guidelines. Little Ginger Studio is a children’s Art School offering educational experiences and child care. This document outlines our commitment to ensuring the provision of a safe space for our community of teachers & families with effective risk management and hygiene practices in relation to COVID-19 transmission. This will be achieved by the following:
1) Physical distancing
2) Management of illness in staff or students
3) Health & hygiene practices
4) Studio cleaning guidelines
5) Studio classes guidelines
6) Birthday party guidelines
7) School holiday care program guidelines
8) In school after care programs guidelines
We will endeavour to keep students, parents and staff informed of our actions & procedures around COVID-19.
As of Monday May 25th, school students and students in care do not need to follow strict adult physical distancing guidelines but should follow good hygiene practices.
Physical distancing remains important amongst adults. Teachers and other staff must maintain the 1.5m distance from each other and minimise close contact with students. Teachers and parents and carers must also maintain the 1.5m distance from each other.
MANAGEMENT OF ILLNESS OF STAFF OR CHILDREN
As per the AHPPC guidelines:
“Message for parents: if your child is sick, they must not attend the (studio). You must keep them at home...
Message for children: tell your parent, guardian or teacher if you are feeling sick.
Message for teachers: do not come to work if you are sick..
Message for adults: the greatest risk of transmission in the (studio) environment is between adults. It is of importance that teachers and parents alike maintain physical distancing between themselves and each other.. (when in the studio).”
LGS requests that children & parents that show any signs of respiratory illness do not attend our classes. Anyone who is sick with influenza-like symptoms, even with mild symptoms, or has been overseas in the past 14 days, should not attend the studio.
Employees are encouraged to refrain from working whilst displaying symptoms. Employees will be asked to obtain a COVID-19 negative test result before return to work to protect staff and students.
If a child or staff member displays signs of illness whilst in our care, they will be sent home as soon as possible. Where there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 we will contact the National Coronavirus Helpline (1800 020 080) for further advice.
HEALTH & HYGIENE GUIDELINES
Everyone that enters our studio must practise good hygiene to protect against infection and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Good hygiene practices include:
- Washing hands with soap and water for 20 seconds (see video), or using hand sanitiser, when
- Entering school, and at regular intervals throughout the day
- Particularly before and after eating, and after going to the toilet
- For younger students, this may include having a regular handwashing schedule (a game could be
- Developed for younger students to come up with a 20 second hand-washing song)
- Covering coughs and sneezes with ones elbow or a tissue
- Placing used tissues straight into the bin
- Avoiding touching one’s eyes, nose and mouth
- Not sharing food or drink